Vitamin D Pain Treatment
By an added consumption of Vitamin D, pain can be relieved to a great extent, researches pronounce. At least 8 out of every 10 people experience pain in one form or the other in their span of life. The symptoms and causes of pain however, differ from person to person. A deficiency of Vitamin D is a cause for many forms of pain, the most common among which is muscle pain. You may feel that this deficit of vitamin D is rare. In that case, you will be surprised to know that in a recent study concentrating on the six regions of the world, namely Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, Middle East and Oceania, the results have revealed that vitamin D concentrations lower than 75 nmol/L were rather common.
Vitamin D Pain Relif Overview
Vitamin D is also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’. This is because the skin makes vitamin D when exposed to sunrays. It is then broken down by the kidney into active chemicals that function as hormones. Vitamin D is very important to help the body absorb calcium from food and retain it. Calcium is integral to bone health. Lack of Vitamin D can cause many problems, including pain and discomfort. Researches show that people with long-term pain are usually deficit in vitamin D. Vitamin D deficiency may be due to:
- Lack of exposure to sun
- Body not absorbing vitamins correctly
- Lack of Vitamin D in the diet
With an intake of extra quantity of vitamin D, pain can be made to reduce. It relieves muscle pain, joint pain and pain in bones and back pain.
Kinds Of Pain Treated:
Consuming Vitamin D is useful for treating chronic pains like:
- Fibromyalgia: The muscular pain and weakness experienced by patients of fibromyalgia is often related to lack of vitamin D in the body. This however does not mean that the disease is rooted in this deficiency. It is functional in aggravating the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis: It is the most common form of arthritis. Lack of vitamin D in body hampers the process of absorption of calcium. This in turn results in osteoarthritis. Low intake of vitamin D can increase this risk.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: It is a chronic inflammatory disorder. It mainly affects tissues, organs and synovial joints. Consumption of vitamin D is very important to patients suffering from this disease.
- Myalgia: It means ‘muscle pain’. Myalgia is the symptom of many disorders and diseases. Studies have revealed that almost 28% of patients have severe inadequacy of vitamin D.
- Diabetic neuropathy: It involves serious pain. An Australian research has revealed that vitamin D deficiency is common in patients suffering from type II diabetes. Vitamin D supplementation is an effective way to treat this problem.
Since all these diseases engage painful conditions and in some way or the other, are triggered off by inadequate supply of vitamin D in the body, increased intake of vitamin D can help treat it.
Treating pain with Vitamin D is cost-effective. You can consult your physician for advice. Along with other medicines and therapies, if one continues to have proper Vitamin D levels, pain will be mitigated to a good extent. Vitamin D supplements are available in two forms mainly: vitamin D3 and vitamin D2. Vitamin D3 is more effective in treating chronic pain. You can easily get them in online stores.
Vitamin D Pain Treatment Effects
Vitamin D is known to treat the possible source of pain and not the pain itself. You have to maintain your patience because it takes time to work. The relief is not instant. Research says that even if the pain treatment procedure is not very successful, you will definitely notice the following improvements:
- The pain is reduced at least by some degree
- You experience pain less frequently
- You have to take less number of pain killers than before
- Lessening of fatigue
- Your overall health improves
Thus, we find, the vitamin D pain cure method is effective when supported by regular therapies. It is not an immediate medicine but it is definitely helpful when supplemented over time.